Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Another Jesus Christ Superstar

I like Kanye West for many reasons -- he has phenomenal producing skills, he has good racial politics, and he's from Chi-town. Enough said, bitches.

But I hate it when a rapper takes on the persona of Christ. Nas was at his low when he did it, and this is just another recreation of that, so it's not even like Kanye is original about it.

Does a rapper who takes on the Christ persona really think he suffered so? Or that he's a messenger of God? Or our savior? I guess I just don't get it. Sorry, but it looks sorta stupid.

I hope this was Rolling Stone's idea, and not Kanye's, who I would still like to think is original and innovative. But you know, if Rolling Stones paid me good money, I too might prance around with a plastic crown of thorns and a tattered robe.

No comments: