Sunday, March 5, 2006

Oscar hits and misses

Here is a picture of Terrance Howard. He didn't win Best Actor as suspected, but he's so FUINE that I had to attach a picture of him from the film Hustle and Flow.

I didn't watch the Oscars because it's usually so damn boring. Although, I'm kinda bummed I missed Jon Stewart, who I absolutely adore. And of course, I heard he was funny.

Nevertheless, I participated in my office pool. $10 a pop. I didn't hit all the categories, but did better than I thought. Well, actually, I knew I would do well. I'm a good gambler. It's in my genes. Hopefully, I will have my hands on the winning pot tomorrow morning.

Hugh highlights: Ang Lee won Best Director (YES!); Philip Seymour Hoffman won Best Actor; Reese Witherspoon won Best Actress; Rachel Weisz won Best Supporting Actress. These individuals were really outstanding and deserve the statuette.

Deep disappointments: How in the world did Crash win Best Picture? I mean, it's not a bad movie but it's not great either, especially when compared to Brokeback, Capote, Munich and Good Bye, Good Luck... all of which are way better. Also, because Crash's depiction of Asians/American Americans absolutely sucked dick with its one-dimensional image of my people, this movie should not have won the Oscar. Paul Haggis must have sucked some academy dicks to get his statuette. Dammit. I knew I should have written a letter to the Times about how poorly Asians were depicted in this movie...

Read one critic's opinion why Crash prevailed over the other more superior movies in the same category. It's right on.

I'm also upset that Paradise Now did not win... but I have to admit that I chose Tsotsi on my pool sheet... c'mon now, I don't fuck with mah money.

No comments: