Sunday, March 5, 2006

DYY's daddy hooked it up

Yip Yee and daughter spent another exciting weekend in San Jose, visiting the other daughter of Yip Yee and her children. My dad is pictured here doing his thang. For those who don't know, he's the best chef in Chicago's Chinatown. And I'm not just saying that because he's my dad. It's totally true and well-known in the community. If you ever visit Chinatown in Chicago, ask anyone about "Tao Chui Yip" (means Head Chef Yip)

He whipped up this meal for us in minutes. Black bean clams, crab in lobster pork sauce, two types of Chinese greens that I do not know the names of in English, steamed fish with green onions (my favorite of the evening) and crackling pork (which we purchased from the deli and was too fatty actually).

Here is another Yip Yee fan, GYY (Grandson of Yip Yee).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand why you appreciate your friends who cook. Reminds you so much of home huh?

DYY said...

Yip! Oops, i mean, Yup!