Friday, September 8, 2006

I miss you too!

This is one of my best friends, Dead Boy in a Bun ("DBB"). Although I'm better known as "DYY", we gave each other nicknames of DBB (I'm "Dead Bitch in a Bun"). It's a literal translation of a figurative term that Cantonese parents often use when they address their kids. The term can be used condescendingly or endearingly. It's kind of like the "N" word, which could be used negatively or positively, depending on the context of the situation or the intention of the speaker. Yeah, I know. Don't ask me why Cantonese parents call their children a name that is equivalent to the "N" word. It's just the way it is. We communicate like that.

So DBB has abandoned his family in Los Skandelous to hustle in Shanghai, China. He's developing ad campaigns for high-profile companies in preparation for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Damn him for leaving us. But I'm proud of him. He is doing so so good out in SHANGHIGH.

I'm just hating because he's in an electrifying city like NYC but profuse with Chinese people... so it's even better. And I miss him a whole bunch too. *Sniffle*

No comments: