Monday, January 22, 2007

Victorious

I don't follow football, but Blu-tooth alerted me that my hometown football team totally creamed the New Orleans Saints by 39-14. Damn. Yeah, yeah... I know the New Orleans Saints were the underdogs and everyone besides Chicagoans were rooting for them because of the tragedy the city had experienced, but... you know, cry me a river. Winners win. It's as simple as that. And can I tell you how we are such awesome winners... and perhaps win the Superbowl this year? I still remember our last Superbowl victory in 1985. I was in fifth grade and EVERYONE in Chicago was Bears crazy. Even I was Bears crazy. So crazy that I had a crush on Jim McMahon (eww!) and also memorized the Superbowl Shuffle. I still remember the lyrics to this day. If you give me a quarter, I will rap it to you. If you give me a dollar, I will rap it and do a little dance too.

In honor of today's win, I present the chorus of this masterpiece to you:
We are the Bears Shufflin' Crew
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you.
We're so bad we know we're good.
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone.
We're not here to start no trouble.
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Very classy shit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was wondering if you were going to acknowledge the Bears win.

Good stuff.

I'm looking forward to the Shuffle Remix.

Anonymous said...

These lyrics are phenomenal...much better than the lyrics to the broken hearts music.

Anonymous said...

What do I get for $5.00?

DYY said...

For five dollars I will use puppets to imitate the players do their slick moves and lyrics.

Don't even ask about what ten dollars will get you... not sure if you could handle it.