Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Last King of Scotland

Of all the significant Oscar-related movies I've seen thus far, this one is the absolute best. It's GOOD. All I need to still see is Letters from Iwo Jima, Blood Diamond, Venus, and Volver, and I'm done. I refuse to see United 93, Pursuit of Happyness, and The Devil Wears Prada because, well, I don't believe in wasting time or money.

Hopefully I will get to see the ones above before the actual Oscars. If so, reviews and predictions forthcoming.

By the way, I am currently obsessed with Idi Amin... just like how I was with Marie Antoinette after watching Sophia Coppola's movie and Florence Ballard after watching Dreamgirls.

Did you know that during his rule, Amin gave himself the title His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshall Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular?

Amin was one bold motherfucker.

No comments: