Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"X" is my slave name

If you read the previous post, you will notice that I have liberated myself from my employer's electronic scrutiny.... but now I am Google's little bitch. Though I certainly plan to disable the function that allows pop-ups of advertisements targeted specifically to me and my tastes, based and derived from the content of my google emails (seriously, wtf?), I figured it's less hazardous to have Google monitor my consumer trends and spending habits than to have a boss all up in my biznack. Plus I'll just fuck with Google once in a while (as part of my routine counter-surveillance tactics against robot intelligence). Perhaps if I write about illicit drugs and sex enough, Google will provide pop-ups of good drug dealers and prostitutes in town. That would be kind of cool.

Anyway, since most variations of my legal name are already being used by other gmail users with the same name, I added "X" as the middle initial for my email address -- an initial that my employer assigned to me because of a pre-existing identification system in the department in which initials from your first, middle and last names are required. Clearly, as you can tell, the department wasn't very diverse in the beginning. My immigrant Chinese parents didn't know better to give me a middle name. An English first name was already challenging.

So I was assigned X.
I am RXY.
X is my slave name.

No comments: